Suspending a user disables the account without deleting the user profile and their related information, such as documents, calendar events, and email. A user cannot sign in to a suspended account, and new information, such as emails and calendar invitations, are blocked. The account can be restored at any time (if not using the auto-delete function).
Suspending a user is a useful step towards deleting a user. It allows you to limit their access to the domain as well as their visibility to other users within the domain.
To suspend a user, you will be changing their status. This can be done from their User Profile in BetterCloud:
- Click the ‘suspend/restore user’ option under the User Tools tab on the left navigation
- You will have the choice of setting a schedule for when they will be deleted in the future
- Simply clicking the “Suspend User” button will change their status to suspended
To make sure you have taken the appropriate steps before deleting a user please see the article on how to Deprovision a User.
To delete a user:
- Click ‘delete user’ on the left navigation from their User Profile.
- Click the ‘Delete User’ button.
Note: You have 20 days to reverse a "delete user" action, in case you delete a user by mistake. However, this can ONLY be done within the Google Admin Console. Please see instructions here: Restore a recently deleted user