BetterCloud is now the leading SaaS Operations Management platform! This means that you can now integrate multiple apps into your BetterCloud workspace, and use our tools to seamlessly manage users and data across your organization.
This article will detail the sections and tools in BetterCloud where you can find integrated Okta functionality.
Connecting Okta to BetterCloud
Before any functionality will be available for an app in BetterCloud, the app must first be connected and verified. You can find instructions for connecting Okta by clicking here.
Okta as an IdP
Okta is another identity provider that you can register for BetterCloud with. You can find instructions for registering by clicking here.
From then on, you can log in using your Okta credentials.
Requirements for logging into BetterCloud with Okta:
1. Before you can login to BetterCloud using Okta, you must be assigned to the BetterCloud IODC Client in Okta under Applications. Please note: the user that installed Okta will automatically be assigned to the BetterCloud IODC Client.
2. In BetterCloud, you must also be assigned to a Role Based Privilege with Okta permissions. Please refer to this article for more information on Role Based Privileges
Logging in with Okta:
1. Navigate to https://app.bettercloud.com and Select Sign in with Okta:
2. Enter your Okta Domain URL. This is the URL used when registering or adding the Okta connector.
3. Enter your Okta credentials on the following Okta SSO page:
You will now have access to BetterCloud!
Alerts in BetterCloud allow you customize notifications across your organization, helping you to stay up to date on priority items. There are a variety of alerts available for Okta in BetterCloud, which you can survey by filtering for Okta in the grid.
Here's how to get there:
Alerts in BetterCloud currently available for the Okta Connector can be found here: https://support.bettercloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004003773
For more information and instructions for setting up a new alert, please see here: Alerts
Users and groups from your domain's Okta account are available in the BetterCloud directory. They will be marked with the Okta logo in the Application column on each Directory page:
Please note that users may have accounts in more than one service, which would cause them to appear with multiple application icons listed.
Read more about Users here: Users
Read more about Groups here: Groups
When entities are selected from primary grids and sub-grids in flyout tabs, an "Action" menu of available options will appear. If applicable, Okta actions will be available to select from the Action menu:
Okta alerts, conditions, and actions are available in the Workflow Builder, organized under the Okta header in the WHEN, IF, and THEN sections. They are marked with the Okta logo. These can be combined with events, conditions, and actions for other integrated apps, allowing you to build a truly cross-platform automation.
For more information on Okta in Workflows, please see this article: https://support.bettercloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003972234