Through BetterCloud you can connect an array of different third party SaaS applications under one roof, including multiple instances of individual connectors. This allows you to have a full picture of your domain's integrations, data and accounts, and fosters integration and automation across the multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting Google/G Suite in BetterCloud.
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available connectors. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be connected to BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already connected an instance of Slack; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
When connecting an app, it is very important to complete these steps fully, and in the order prompted.
1. Begin by navigating to the Connectors page in BetterCloud, and select the +Add Connector button on the top right side of the page:
2. Next, click the Google Connector “Add” button to begin your installation process:
3. Explore the different Use Cases for using Google in the BetterCloud platform, such as various options for Onboarding, Admin Permissions, and Data Loss Prevention:
4. Next, review the permissions that are required in BetterCloud when installing the Google Connector:
5. When clicking the “Logout” button, the next page will warn you about this important step required to connect to Google. Here’s more about why we require this:
- If you are using Chrome, you may be logged into multiple accounts in the same browser. Google can sometimes cache other G Suite account information if you are still logged in elsewhere in another window or tab.
- In order to successfully log you into the second G Suite account, we must log you out of the first Google account you started your BetterCloud session with. This ensures that you are logged into the correct G Suite account.
6. Once you have selected “I’m Ready To Be Logged Out of Google” you will be automatically prompted to enter your login credentials for the instance you wish to connect.
7. From here, you'll be redirected back to the Google installation process in BetterCloud, where you will be prompted to accept the necessary scopes to install BetterCloud on your G Suite account. If you do not see Google open another window, you may be blocked by a pop-up blocker. Once the pop-up blocker is disabled, you can click “Retry Google Logout”.
8. A new popup window will direct you to BetterCloud's section in the "Marketplace Apps" section in Google the Admin Console, where you can take steps to ensure that BetterCloud is listed as "On for everyone", and that Data Access is listed as "granted". Please note: BetterCloud must be turned ON for everyone in Google and Data Access will need to be granted in order for BetterCloud to sync your domain data successfully and allow API access.
9. When you've finished with this popup window, close it and navigate back to BetterCloud and give your Google Connector a unique custom name.
10. Congratulations! You reached the final step and finished connecting your Google Connector.
Now that you’ve successfully added your Google Connector to your BetterCloud instance, you get started right away with using the Alerts button to begin adding alerts to your domain, and set up Workflows for automation.
Clicking on the blue “Visit Alerts” button will redirect you to the Alerts Manager page. And selecting the “Visit Workflows” blue button guides you straight to the Workflows creation to get started on your very first Workflow!
11. When access is verified, you will be directed back to the Connectors page, where your new Google Connector will be visible:
To disconnect a Google Connector that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please contact BetterCloud Support.
Viewing and Managing Connectors
Once instances of a Connector have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing and Managing Connectors" article for more information about how connectors will appear throughout BetterCloud.