Through BetterCloud you can connect an array of different third party SaaS applications under one roof, including multiple instances of individual connectors. This allows you to have a full picture of your domain's integrations, data and accounts, and fosters integration and automation across the multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting Google/G Suite in BetterCloud.
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available connectors. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be connected to BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already connected an instance of Slack; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
When connecting an app, it is very important to complete these steps fully, and in the order prompted.
1. Begin by navigating to the Connectors page in BetterCloud:
2. Click on the "Add a new Google" box in the bottom half of the page, and then "Try Connector" from the Connector's right side flyout tab:
3. Click on the green "Grant Access" button in the center of the tab:
4.You will be automatically redirected to a page owned by this app, where you will be prompted to enter your login credentials for the instance you wish to connect:
5. After logging in, you will be directed back to your flyout tab in BetterCloud, where you will now need to grant scopes to our app in the Google Admin Console. Click the green "Open Popup" button:
6. A new popup window will direct you to BetterCloud's portion of the "Marketplace Apps" section in Google Admin Console, where you can take steps to ensure that BetterCloud is listed as "On for everyone", and that Data Access is listed as "granted":
7. When you've finished with this popup window, close it and navigate back to your flyout tab in BetterCloud, where you will be prompted to name your new Connector. After you have entered a name, click the green "Verify" button:
8. When access is verified, you will receive a successful notification to this effect at the top of the page. You will then be directed back to the Connectors page, where your new Google instance will be visible:
To disconnect a Google Connector that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please contact BetterCloud Support.
Viewing and Managing Connectors
Once instances of a Connector have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing and Managing Connectors" article for more information about how connectors will appear throughout BetterCloud.