Information available in grids across BetterCloud can now be exported into several local and online formats. This is a convenient way to audit or report on particular subsets of data from across your organization, or prepare inputs for custom data-crunching tasks outside of BetterCloud.
How To Export
When selecting entities in any of our grids, a corresponding BetterCloud "Export" action will now be available in the "Actions" dropdown menu:
Filters can be added to your grid, to allow you to scope or narrow the entities you can choose from. Entities can be chosen manually, by page, or by all pages:
After choosing from available entities in the grid and selecting the corresponding "Export" action from the "Actions" dropdown menu, a right side flyout tab will appear. From the flyout you can take action and export your selected users into a .csv file format.
The status of the of the Export will populate in a banner at the top of the page:
A link will be delivered to you via email, where you can download this file:
As with all actions taken in BetterCloud, a record of your export action will be available in the Audit Logs section of the app:
Important / Requirements
- When selecting all pages from any grid, the only action available for this selection will be the corresponding "Export" action.
- It may take 5-10 minutes for the notification email containing your export to be delivered to your inbox.
- If you choose to export to a .csv file, this file will be available to download from BetterCloud for 48 hours.
- Depending on the size of your export, certain applications may set visibility limits on your spreadsheet's contents: Apple Numbers limits spreadsheets to 65,000 rows, and Google Sheets limits spreadsheets to 2 million cells.
- Due to API limitations, BetterCloud can only export a maximum of 10,000 records.