This article applies only if you are using Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook, (GASMO).
What is Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GASMO)?
Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook is a plug-in for Microsoft Outlook that lets you keep using Outlook to manage your G Suite Business or Education account.
- Calendar Events
- Outlook Notes
- Tasks between your Google Profile in Outlook and your G Suite account
What is a Global Address List (GAL)?
The GAL is a searchable directory in Outlook of all:
- Shared Contacts
- Resources (defined in your domain)
As an administrator you can:
What is available to users in Outlook?
Your dynamic GAL makes the following features available to Google Apps Sync users:
- A Global Address List of all your G Suite users, domain groups, shared contacts, and conference rooms. To open this list in Outlook, click Tools > Address Book, then select Global Address Book from the Address Book list. You can search the list of addresses, and view properties for individual addresses.
- For each user, all data provided in the fields listed above (under "Supported fields in the dynamic Global Address List").
- Contact lookup for user, group, and resource addresses in Outlook's Address Book. Typing the first few characters of an address in the Address Book sorts to the top names that match what you've typed so far.
- Free/busy information for your users and conference rooms. This information is normally available only for users who have G Suite accounts. However, it can also include free/busy information for people in your domain who are still using Exchange if you enable Google Calendar Connectors.
What features are available when using GASMO?
How do BetterCloud, G Suite, and Microsoft Outlook interact?
G Suite exists as an intermediary between the two; BetterCloud has no direct access to Microsoft Outlook and vice versa. Instead, information synced into G Suite and updated there will be shared with other connected services.
Shared Contacts: If Mobile Contact Sync is enabled, they will be pushed (but folders will not appear) to each Outlook user.
How will Signatures appear in Outlook?
As BetterCloud can only affect your G Suite account, Signatures will not be updated in Outlook.