Labels allow you to automatically organize email messages into categories using custom labels. You can also standardize labels for Users across your domain and provides a great way to standardize or help Users of your domain organize and categorize their mailboxes.
Step 1 - Create a Label
Navigate to Tools > Gmail > Labels, from your BetterCloud top bar. You'll be presented with the option to create a new label name by entering your label name and clicking "+ Label". You can repeat this process to create additional labels in the same step, if you have multiple labels that need to be applied to the same users.
Labels in Gmail
- To see the changes, refresh your browser
- Click on an email(s) and "move to" or "label"
Removing a Label
Please note that, although labels can be applied in bulk through BetterCloud, they must be deleted from each user's account individually. To remove a label from a user's account:
- Navigate to the user's profile page in BetterCloud. Under "Email Tools" on the left side of the page, click "Labels".
- From the user's list of labels, click the "X" icon next to the one you wish to remove. This will delete the label from the user's Gmail settings.
Important / Requirements
- Editions: This feature is unavailable for the free legacy edition of Google Apps
- Label names must not conflict with reserved label names in GMail, which in English include inbox, unread, drafts, sent, chat, muted, spam, trash, popped, and contacts.
- There is no way to monitor or enforce your users' use of these labels. They can delete or choose not to use them.