When integrating a new application with your BetterCloud instance, the overall installation process is consistent. However, each integration is different, and may require varying levels and types of authentication. This article provides instructions for configuring and collecting all the information you need in order to add the Lessonly integration in BetterCloud.
BetterCloud requires the following authentication type when integrating with Lessonly:
- Lessonly Subdomain and API Key (Basic HTTP Authentication)
*Please note the following important requirements:
In order to integrate with BetterCloud, you must get access to the Lessonly API.
- To enable this feature on your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the feature will be turned on for you.
- Then, you will want to navigate to the settings tab by selecting the cog icon in the upper right hand corner and selecting the "Show API Credentials" button.
- Once you have reached this step, your API Key will be revealed and you can begin using it.
- Please see this article here for further information about gaining access to the Lessonly API.
Lessonly Subdomain and API Key
Enter the Lessonly Subdomain and API Key for the account you are using to authenticate. In order to successfully authenticate and perform actions, you must use an account with Admin permissions in Lessonly.
Navigate to your Lessonly Instance, then click the Settings icon in the upper-right hand corner.
Next, click on the API & Webhook tab on the Settings menu.
The Lessonly Subdomain and API Key will be visible at the top of the page.
After installing the Lessonly Integration in BetterCloud, enter the Lessonly Subdomain in the Username field, and the API Key in the Password field in the integration's configuration.