With an understanding of BetterCloud's core capabilities, and a knowledge of the user interface, let's begin installing (or integrating) additional applications into BetterCloud. While some applications are able to be installed using OAuth (a service account and a password), others will require environment variables, such as an API Key or a Base URL.
By the end of this video, you will be able to...
- View all applications listed in the Integration Center
- Quickly identify which applications are Full Integrations, and which are Actions-Only integrations
- Discover an Integration's actions
- Define Actions, Alerts and Assets
- Locate where you can create Custom Integrations (Enterprise clients only)
Single versus Multi-Integrations
All versions of the platform allow you to install BetterCloud with your primary application, be it G Suite, Office 365, or Okta. The Standard, Pro, and Enterprise (non-Plus) version of each application will only integrate with one of these applications. Plus versions of each tier will allow you to integrate with each standard starting app (G Suite, Office 365 or Oka) plus additional SaaS apps such as Atlassian, Box, Dropbox, Slack, Zoom, and many more. To view a full list of applications that you're able to integrate with BetterCloud, feel free to review our Integration Center page.
Full versus Actions-Only Integrations
While Plus versions of BetterCloud allow you to integrate with additional SaaS applications, it is important to remember that there are two types of integrations.
- Full Integrations ingest metadata about users, groups, files, and organizational units, allowing you to trigger Alerts and Workflows.
- Actions-Only Integrations do not ingest metadata and cannot naively trigger Alerts and Workflows, but you’re still able to perform actions via the actions button and add actions to the THEN section of Workflows.
Full Integrations List
Below is a list of the current, fully integrated applications within BetterCloud:
- Microsoft 365
For more information about Integration Center, feel free to review the documentation linked below...
- BetterCloud Integration Center
- Integration instructions for all apps currently in the Integration Center
Now that you know your way around the platform and are getting your integrations set up, let's explore the Directory, which will give you a single pane of glass view into all fully-integrated applications. This is covered in the next module, titled Managing Directories and Groups, found here.