On-Demand Workflows give you the control of executing bulk actions without having to wait to receive a triggering event. Using this tool will allow you to create complex multi-step cross-integration Workflows that can be executed whenever you need them. These are also great for testing your Workflows before Publishing them!
You can access all of your Workflows from the Actions menu on any grid. Workflow with any status (Draft, Published, or Inactive) will appear in the Actions menu for on-demand use. They can be run with or without selecting a target from the grid first. If you select a target from the grid, dynamic fields will populate automatically in each action. Otherwise, you will simply need to add the targeted information manually to any required fields.
To get started, select your desired Workflow from the “Workflows” category in the Actions menu, then proceed with configuring the preset actions in your On-Demand Workflow. The Workflow will be pre-populated with any information entered during its creation, but you can make necessary adjustments for any specific run:
You can also use the toggle to disable or enable any of the actions in your On-Demand Workflow. If you disable an action, it will collapse and be greyed out in your list.
Once the On-Demand Workflow is configured to your liking, you can simply click on the blue “Run Workflow” button to kick off the set of actions.
- If you attempt to run an incomplete On-Demand Workflow, you will see a red highlight on the action where additional configuration is required.
Next, you should see a grey toaster message that notifies you that the On-Demand Workflow is in progress. This notification banner provides a link directly to the Workflow’s results:
You can view each action’s status by clicking on the instance ID from the Workflow Results fly-out. If an action was disabled, you will see “Manually Disabled” next to the action.
- A Workflow with any status can be used for On-Demand Workflows: Draft, Published, or Inactive.
- The Workflow must already exist before it can be run on-demand. It cannot be created from the Actions pane.
- New actions cannot be added or reordered through your On-Demand Workflow directly from the Actions menu. These changes must be made through the “Workflows Manager” page.
- Only users that have access to Workflows in their assigned Role-Based Privilege have access to the On-Demand Workflows feature.