Through BetterCloud you can connect an array of different third party SaaS applications under one roof, including multiple instances of individual connectors. This allows you to have a full picture of your domain's integrations, data and accounts, and fosters integration and automation across the multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
We recommend using a service account when installing this connector. This will prevent an interruption in service in the case that an installing user loses the necessary permissions to authenticate in the future.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting Zendesk in BetterCloud.
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available connectors. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be connected to BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already connected an instance of Zendesk; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
When connecting an app, it is very important to complete these steps fully, and in the order prompted.
1. Begin by navigating to the Connectors page in BetterCloud, and select the Add A Different Connector button on the top right-side of the page:
2. Select the Zendesk Connector “Add” button to begin your installation process:
3. Explore the Use Cases and Admin Permissions for the Zendesk Connector:
4. Next, review the permissions that are required in BetterCloud when installing the Zendesk Connector and press the “Connect” blue button to continue:
5. In the "Zendesk ID" line, enter the Zendesk subdomain that appears in the beginning of your Zendesk URL (ex: bettercloud ONLY not bettercloud.zendesk.com). When you are finished, click "Connect":
6. You will be automatically redirected to a page owned by Zendesk, where you will be prompted to enter your login credentials and authorize permissions to BetterCloud.
7. If you do not see Zendesk open another window, you may be blocked by a pop-up blocker. Once the pop-up blocker is disabled, you can click “Retry”.
8. After verifying BetterCloud's permissions with Zendesk, you will be directed back to the Zendesk installation process in BetterCloud. Here, you can give your Zendesk instance a unique custom name, and click "Finish" to finalize this Connector.
9. Congratulations! You reached the final step and finished connecting your Zendesk Connector.
Now that you’ve successfully added your Zendesk Connector to your BetterCloud instance, you get started right away with using the Alerts button to begin adding alerts to your domain, and set up Workflows for automation.
Clicking on the blue “Visit Alerts” button will redirect you to the Alerts Manager page. And selecting the “Visit Workflows” blue button guides you straight to the Workflows creation to get started on your very first Workflow!
10. When access is verified, you will be directed back to the Connectors page, where your new Box Connector will be visible:
To disconnect a Zendesk Connector that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please contact BetterCloud Support.
Viewing and Managing Connectors
Once instances of a Connector have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing and Managing Connectors" article for more information about how connectors will appear throughout BetterCloud.