Through BetterCloud you can integrate with an array of different SaaS applications under one roof, including multiple instances of individual integrations. This allows you to have a full picture of your domain's integrations, data and accounts, and fosters integration and automation across the multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
This article will guide you through the process of adding a Google/G Suite integration in BetterCloud.
Adding a Google Integration
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available integrations. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be integrated with BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already connected an instance of Slack; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
When adding an integration, it is very important to complete these steps fully, and in the order prompted.
1. Begin by navigating to the Integration Center in BetterCloud and locate the Google integration from the Discover section.
2. Click "Install" to begin your installation process:
3. Next, review the permissions that are required in BetterCloud when installing the Google integration:
4. When clicking the “Logout” button, the next page will warn you about this important step required to integrate with Google. Here’s more about why we require this:
- If you are using Chrome, you may be logged into multiple accounts in the same browser. Google can sometimes cache other G Suite account information if you are still logged in elsewhere in another window or tab.
- In order to successfully log you into the second G Suite account, we must log you out of the first Google account you started your BetterCloud session with. This ensures that you are logged into the correct G Suite account.
5. Once you have selected “I’m Ready To Be Logged Out of Google” you will be automatically prompted to enter your login credentials for the instance you wish to integrate with.
6. From here, you'll be redirected back to the Google installation process in BetterCloud, where you will be prompted to accept the necessary scopes to install BetterCloud on your G Suite account. If you do not see Google open another window, you may be blocked by a pop-up blocker. Once the pop-up blocker is disabled, you can click “Retry Google Logout”.
7. A new popup window will direct you to BetterCloud's section in the "Marketplace Apps" section in Google the Admin Console, where you can take steps to ensure that BetterCloud is listed as "On for everyone", and that Data Access is listed as "granted". Please note: BetterCloud must be turned ON for everyone in Google and Data Access will need to be granted in order for BetterCloud to sync your domain data successfully and allow API access.
8. When you've finished with this popup window, close it and navigate back to BetterCloud and give your Google integration a unique custom name.
9. Congratulations! You reached the final step and finished adding your Google integration.
Now that you’ve successfully added your Google integration to your BetterCloud instance, you get started right away with using the Alerts button to begin adding alerts to your domain, and set up Workflows for automation.
Clicking on the blue “Visit Alerts” button will redirect you to the Alerts Manager page. And selecting the “Visit Workflows” blue button guides you straight to the Workflows creation to get started on your very first Workflow!
10. When access is verified, you will be directed back to the Integration Center, where your new Google integration will be visible.
Removing a Google Integration
To disconnect a Google integration that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please see our steps for removing an integration.
Viewing and Managing Integrations
Once instances of an integration have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing, Managing, and Deleting Integrations" article for more information about how integrations will appear throughout BetterCloud.