By utilizing this feature, you will be able to gain visibility into how well your domain is using and integrating with G Suite and receive metrics on everything from security to user adoption. With the new scheduled reporting you will be able to regularly receive these reports for constant updates on your domain metrics.
For clarification on the terms used in the Reports check out the Reports Glossary.
The Reports page includes a number of Canned Reports, providing commonly requested information on Users, Groups, OUs, and Drive.
To run a Canned Report:
- Click on the play button next to the report you would like to run.
- Click the auto-generated report link.
- The generated report will open in a new browser tab and will be stored in your Google Drive for easy access.
- If you'd like, use formulas or filtering options available in Google Spreadsheets to further modify your data and return more targeted results.
To create a custom report:
- Click on "Build a Report"
- Choose from the 6 report types across the top (Users, Groups, Group Membership, Org Units, Drive, Drive Policies), select as many columns and filters as you'd like.
- To save this report, in order to run it at another time, click "Save", name your report, and the report will be saved under "My Reports" and nested by type.
- Once the report is tailored to your needs, click "Run Report", then click the generated link to display the report in Google Sheets. From this screen, you also have the options to save your report, and schedule it to run automatically at a future date.
Building your own report can be confusing with over 100 different types of filters and columns for organizing the data across 6 different types of Reports.
Take a look at the Reports Glossary to get a little clarification on what each term is referring to so you can get the most of your Reports!
Scheduling a report will enable the report to run automatically on regular time intervals to give you a updates on your domain
- Click the calendar icon next to the report you would like to schedule.
- Select the name, frequency, and run time of the report as well as which users you would like to receive the report
- Click to receive the report upon the first run time according to the schedule or click to receive the first report now and have it run on its regular schedule.
Ensure that you have the proper Admin Console settings by navigating to Apps > G Suite > Drive and Docs > Settings for Drive and Docs > Sharing Settings, and checking that "users can share document outside this organization":
You will also need to enable the setting that allow users to install Google Drive apps, to allow BetterCloud to add and modify spreadsheets in Drive. This setting is found by going to Apps > G Suite > Drive and Docs > Settings for Drive and Docs > Features and Applications and selecting "Allow users to install Google Docs add-ons from add-ons store":