BetterCloud supports integration with Salesforce, for customers currently employing either the Lightning Enterprise or Lightning Unlimited Enterprise edition of Salesforce. To view your current edition of Salesforce, please see here: How to find Salesforce Edition and API Version
For each of these editions, Salesforce places daily limits on the number of API calls that may be made to request a customer's data. BetterCloud, along with other third party apps and services, uses this API call process to sync a customer's Salesforce information into our app. All calls made by our app and others will count against a customer's daily API limit.
You can read more about this Salesforce API limitation here: API Request Limits
BetterCloud has worked hard to ensure that we make the smallest number of API calls necessary to support our app's functionality. However, in the event that you reach this daily limit in Salesforce's API, please note that we will not be able to incorporate any new Salesforce data into our app until the following day. This will not have an effect on existing Salesforce data either natively, or in BetterCloud.
Transitioning Salesforce to General Availability in BetterCloud
We're very excited to make our Salesforce integration available to BetterCloud customers! Although this integration is now available, the BetterCloud app itself is still under review by SFDC to enter their marketplace. Therefore, the integration that is currently available is being referred to as "Version 1".
When BetterCloud has been approved by SFDC, we will be required to move to a "Version 2" of this integration. This will involve steps to remove the Version 1 integration and Salesforce data from your BetterCloud instance, and replace it with a Version 2 integration. This process will not have an effect on your native existing Salesforce data.
Here are the steps you can anticipate BetterCloud taking, to guide you through this process:
- BetterCloud Success or Support team representatives will reach out to you, and coordinate a convenient time to make this switch that will not impact your organization
- When prompted, you will need to log into your Salesforce account in SFDC
- Navigate to your Setup menu > Connected Apps OAuth Usage page (note: it could take up to 24 hours for BetterCloud to display in the Connected Apps page, after your Salesforce instance has been connected to our app)
- Uninstall the BetterCloud Connection - this should block all BetterCloud communications
- BetterCloud teams will delete your SFDC registration from our records, which will cut off any scheduled syncs/update API calls to and from SFDC (note: this will not affect any other connectors)
- BetterCloud teams will remove all SFDC data from your BetterCloud instance (note: this will not affect your native Salesforce data)
- You will need to log into BetterCloud and register the new Version 2 SFDC connector
Please note: These instructions are being provided in an effort to be transparent about expectations, during this initial release; it is our highest priority to ensure as little disruption to your organization as possible. However, the details of this process are subject to change.