Through BetterCloud you can connect an array of different third party SaaS applications under one roof, including multiple instances of individual connectors. This allows you to have a full picture of your domain's integrations, data and accounts, and fosters integration and automation across the multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting Dropbox in BetterCloud.
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available connectors. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be connected to BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already connected an instance of Dropbox; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
When connecting an app, it is very important to complete these steps fully, and in the order prompted.
1. Begin by navigating to the Connectors page in BetterCloud:
2. Click on the "Add a new Dropbox" box:
3. From the Connector's right side flyout tab, click the green "Try Connector" button on the right side, then "Go" in the center of the tab, to begin with the first step of granting Directory access:
4.You will be automatically redirected to a page owned by Dropbox, where you will be prompted to enter your login credentials. Make sure to sign in with the appropriate admin account credentials associated with the instance of Dropbox that you wish to connect:
5. Once logged in, you will be prompted to allow the permissions that BetterCloud will need, in order to integrate your Connector's Directory data:
6. After verifying this first set of permissions with Dropbox, you will be directed back to the Connector's tab in BetterCloud. Click "Go" to initiate the second permissions step, this time for Files access:
7. Since you've already logged into Dropbox for this session, you will be directed straight to the prompt to allow the permissions that BetterCloud will need, in order to integrate your Connector's Files data:
8. Once allowing these final permissions, you'll be directed again back to the Dropbox flyout tab in BetterCloud. Here, you can name your Connector instance, and click "Go" to finalize and verify your Connector.
9. When access is verified, you will receive a successful notification to this effect at the top of the page. You will also be directed back to the main Connectors page in BetterCloud, where your new Dropbox instance will be visible:
To disconnect a Dropbox Connector that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please contact BetterCloud Support.
Viewing and Managing Connectors
Once instances of a Connector have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing and Managing Connectors" article for more information about how connectors will appear throughout BetterCloud.