BetterCloud's Integration Center allows you to pair other third-party apps with your BetterCloud instance, supporting integration and automation across multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
We recommend using a service account when installing this integration. This will prevent an interruption in service in the case that an installing user loses the necessary permissions to authenticate in the future.
This article will guide you through the process of adding a Salesforce integration in BetterCloud.
Adding a Salesforce Integration
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available integrations. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be integrated with BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already added an integration from one instance of Salesforce; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
When adding an integration, it is very important to complete these steps fully, and in the order prompted.
1. Start by navigating to the Integration Center in BetterCloud and locating the Salesforce integration from the Discover section.
2. Click "Install" to begin your installation process:
3. Next, review the permissions that are required in BetterCloud when installing the Salesforce integration and press the “Connect” blue button on the bottom right to continue:
4. You will be automatically redirected to a page owned by Salesforce, where you will be prompted to enter your login credentials. Make sure to sign in with the appropriate admin account credentials associated with the instance of Salesforce that you wish to integrate with:
5. Once logged in, you will be prompted to allow the permissions that BetterCloud will need, in order to integrate your integration's data:
6. If you do not see Salesforce open another window, you may be blocked by a pop-up blocker. Once the pop-up blocker is disabled, you can click “Retry”.
7. After verifying BetterCloud's permissions with Salesforce, you will be directed back to the Salesforce installation process in BetterCloud. Here, you can give your Salesforce instance a unique custom name, and click "Finish" to finalize adding this integration.
8. Congratulations! You reached the final step and finished adding your Salesforce integration.
Now that you’ve successfully added your Salesforce integration to your BetterCloud instance, you get started right away with using the Alerts button to begin adding alerts to your domain, and set up Workflows for automation.
Clicking on the blue “Visit Alerts” button will redirect you to the Alerts Manager page. And selecting the “Visit Workflows” blue button guides you straight to the Workflows creation to get started on your very first Workflow!
Removing a Salesforce Integration
To disconnect a Salesforce integration that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please see our steps for removing an integration.
Viewing and Managing Integrations
Once an integration has been added to your BetterCloud instance, it will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing, Managing, and Deleting Integrations" article for more information about how integrations will appear throughout BetterCloud.