Through BetterCloud you can connect an array of different third party SaaS applications under one roof, including multiple instances of individual connectors. This allows you to have a full picture of your domain's integrations, data and accounts, and fosters integration and automation across the multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
We recommend using a service account when installing this connector. This will prevent an interruption in service in the case that an installing user loses the necessary permissions to authenticate in the future.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting Salesforce in BetterCloud.
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available connectors. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be connected to BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already connected an instance of Salesforce; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
When connecting an app, it is very important to complete these steps fully, and in the order prompted.
1. Navigate to the Connectors page in BetterCloud, and select the Add A Different Connector button on the top right-side of the page:
2. Select the Salesforce Connector “Add” button to begin your installation process:
3. Explore the Use Cases and Admin Permissions for the Salesforce Connector:
4. Next, review the permissions that are required in BetterCloud when installing the Salesforce Connector and press the “Connect” blue button on the bottom right to continue:
5. Once you press the “Connect” button, you will be automatically redirected to a page owned by Salesforce, where you will be prompted to enter your login credentials. Make sure to sign in with the appropriate admin account credentials associated with the instance of Salesforce that you wish to connect:
6. Once logged in, you will be prompted to allow the permissions that BetterCloud will need, in order to integrate your Connector's data:
7. If you do not see Salesforce open another window, you may be blocked by a pop-up blocker. Once the pop-up blocker is disabled, you can click “Retry”.
8. After verifying BetterCloud's permissions with Salesforce, you will be directed back to the Salesforce installation process in BetterCloud. Here, you can give your Salesforce instance a unique custom name, and click "Finish" to finalize this Connector.
9. Congratulations! You reached the final step and finished connecting your Salesforce Connector.
Now that you’ve successfully added your Salesforce Connector to your BetterCloud instance, you get started right away with using the Alerts button to begin adding alerts to your domain, and set up Workflows for automation.
Clicking on the blue “Visit Alerts” button will redirect you to the Alerts Manager page. And selecting the “Visit Workflows” blue button guides you straight to the Workflows creation to get started on your very first Workflow!
To disconnect a Salesforce Connector that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please contact BetterCloud Support.
Viewing and Managing Connectors
Once instances of a Connector have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing and Managing Connectors" article for more information about how connectors will appear throughout BetterCloud.