Through BetterCloud you can integrate with an array of different third party SaaS applications under one roof, including multiple instances of individual integrations. This allows you to have a full picture of your domain's integrations, data and accounts, and fosters integration and automation across the multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
We recommend using a service account when installing this integration. This will prevent an interruption in service in the case that an installing user loses the necessary permissions to authenticate in the future.
This article will guide you through the process of adding an Office 365 integration in BetterCloud.
Adding an Office 365 Integration
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available integrations. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be integrated with BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already added an instance of Office 365 as an integration; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
When adding an integration, it is very important to complete these steps fully, and in the order prompted.
1. Being by navigating to the Integration Center in BetterCloud and locate the Office 365 integration from the Discover section.
2. Click "Install" to begin your installation process:
3. Next, review the permissions that are required in BetterCloud when installing the Office 365 integration:
4. Once you click the “Connect” button for the next step, you will be automatically redirected to a page owned by Microsoft, where you will be prompted to enter your login credentials:
5. Once signed in, you'll be prompted with the necessary permissions that BetterCloud requires. Click "Accept" to authorize these permissions.
6. If you do not see O365 open another window, you may be blocked by a pop-up blocker. Once the pop-up blocker is disabled, you can click “Retry”.
7. From here, you'll be redirected back to the Office 365 installation process in BetterCloud, where you will be prompted to give your integration a unique custom name. After you have entered a name, click the blue "Finish" button to verify and finalize this setup:
8. Congratulations! You reached the final step and finished adding your O365 integration.
Now that you’ve successfully added your O365 integration to your BetterCloud instance, you get started right away with using the Alerts button to begin adding alerts to your domain, and set up Workflows for automation.
Clicking on the blue “Visit Alerts” button will redirect you to the Alerts Manager page. And selecting the “Visit Workflows” blue button guides you straight to the Workflows creation to get started on your very first Workflow!
9. When access is verified, you will be directed back to the Integration Center, where your new O365 integration will be visible.
Please note: It can take up to 10 minutes for OneDrive and SharePoint files to start appearing in BetterCloud after initially adding the integration.
Removing an Office 365 Integration
To disconnect an Office 365 integration that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please see our steps for removing an integration.
Viewing and Managing Integrations
Once instances of an integration have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing, Managing, and Deleting Integrations" article for more information about how integrations will appear, throughout BetterCloud.