Through BetterCloud you can connect an array of different third party SaaS applications under one roof, including multiple instances of individual connectors. This allows you to have a full picture of your domain's integrations, data and accounts, and fosters integration and automation across the multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting Office 365 in BetterCloud.
Connecting Office 365
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available connectors. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be connected to BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already connected an instance of Office 365; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
When connecting an app, it is very important to complete these steps fully, and in the order prompted.
1. Begin by navigating to the Connectors page in BetterCloud, and click on the "Add a new Office 365" box on the bottom half of the page.
2. Next, click "Try Connector" from the associated app's flyout tab:
3. Begin the process to authorize BetterCloud's access to this connector by clicking the "Submit" button in the center of the tab:
4. You will be automatically redirected to a page owned by Microsoft, where you will be prompted to enter your login credentials:
5. Once signed in, you'll be prompted with the necessary permissions that BetterCloud requires. Click "Accept" to authorize these permissions.
6. From here, you'll be redirected back to the Office 365 flyout tab in BetterCloud, where you will be prompted to name this instance of your Connector. After you have entered a name, click the green "Submit" button to verify and finalize this setup:
7. When access is verified, you will receive a successful notification to this effect at the top of the page. You will also be directed back to the Connectors page, where your new Office 365 Connector will be visible:
Disconnecting Office 365
To disconnect an Office 365 Connector that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please contact Support.
Viewing and Managing Connectors
Once instances of a Connector have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing and Managing Connectors" article for more information about how connectors will appear, throughout BetterCloud.