Through BetterCloud you can connect an array of different third party SaaS applications under one roof, including multiple instances of individual connectors. This allows you to have a full picture of your domain's integrations, data and accounts, and fosters integration and automation across the multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
We recommend using a service account when installing this connector. This will prevent an interruption in service in the case that an installing user loses the necessary permissions to authenticate in the future.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting Office 365 in BetterCloud.
Connecting Office 365
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available connectors. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be connected to BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already connected an instance of Office 365; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
When connecting an app, it is very important to complete these steps fully, and in the order prompted.
1. Begin by navigating to the Connectors page in BetterCloud, and select the Add A Different Connector button on the top right-side of the page:
2. Next, select the Microsoft Connector “Add” button to begin your installation process:
3. Explore the Use Cases and Admin Permissions for the Microsoft Office 365 Connector:
4. Next, review the permissions that are required in BetterCloud when installing the Office 365 Connector:
5. Once you click the “Connect” button for the next step, you will be automatically redirected to a page owned by Microsoft, where you will be prompted to enter your login credentials:
6. Once signed in, you'll be prompted with the necessary permissions that BetterCloud requires. Click "Accept" to authorize these permissions.
7. If you do not see O365 open another window, you may be blocked by a pop-up blocker. Once the pop-up blocker is disabled, you can click “Retry”.
8. From here, you'll be redirected back to the Office 365 installation process in BetterCloud, where you will be prompted to give your Connector a unique custom name. After you have entered a name, click the blue "Finish" button to verify and finalize this setup:
9. Congratulations! You reached the final step and finished connecting your O365 Connector.
Now that you’ve successfully added your O365 Connector to your BetterCloud instance, you get started right away with using the Alerts button to begin adding alerts to your domain, and set up Workflows for automation.
Clicking on the blue “Visit Alerts” button will redirect you to the Alerts Manager page. And selecting the “Visit Workflows” blue button guides you straight to the Workflows creation to get started on your very first Workflow!
10. When access is verified, you will be directed back to the Connectors page, where your new O365 Connector will be visible:
Please note: It can take up to 10 minutes for OneDrive and SharePoint files to start appearing in BetterCloud after connecting for the first time
Disconnecting Office 365
To disconnect an Office 365 Connector that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please contact Support.
Viewing and Managing Connectors
Once instances of a Connector have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing and Managing Connectors" article for more information about how connectors will appear, throughout BetterCloud.