Through BetterCloud you can add an array of different SaaS applications under one roof, including multiple instances of individual integrations. This allows you to have a full picture of your domain's integrations, data and accounts, and fosters integration and automation across the multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
We recommend using a service account when installing this integration. This will prevent an interruption in service in the case that an installing user loses the necessary permissions to authenticate in the future.
This article will guide you through the process of adding a Box integration in BetterCloud.
Required Admin Permission
To add a Box integration in BetterCloud, you must be the primary Box admin. Box co-admins will be unable to install. You can check your admin privileges in the Box Admin Console.
Adding a Box Integration
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available integrations. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be connected to BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already integrated with an instance of Box; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
When adding an integration, it is very important to complete these steps fully, and in the order prompted
1. Begin by navigating to the Integration Center in BetterCloud, and locate the Box integration from the Discover section.
2.Click "Install" to begin your installation process:
3. Next, review the permissions that are required in BetterCloud when installing the Box integration:
4. You will be automatically redirected to a page owned by Box, where you will be prompted to enter your login credentials:
5. Once signed in, you'll be prompted with the necessary permissions that BetterCloud requires. Click "Grant Access to Box" to authorize these permissions.
6. If you do not see Box open another window, you may be blocked by a pop-up blocker. Once the pop-up blocker is disabled, you can click “Retry”.
7. After you have completed this portion of the registration process, give your Box integration a unique custom name.
8. Congratulations! You reached the final step and finished adding your Box integration.
Now that you’ve successfully added your Box integration to your BetterCloud instance, you get started right away with using the Alerts button to begin adding alerts to your domain, and set up Workflows for automation.
Clicking on the blue “Visit Alerts” button will redirect you to the Alerts Manager page. And selecting the “Visit Workflows” blue button guides you straight to the Workflows creation to get started on your very first Workflow!
9. When access is verified, you will be directed back to the Integration Center, where your new Box integration will be visible.
Removing a Box Integration
To disconnect a Box integration that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please see our steps for removing an integration.
Viewing and Managing Integrations
Once instances of an integration have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing, Managing, and Deleting Integrations" article for more information about how integrations will appear throughout BetterCloud.
If you're seeing a "Disabled by Administrator" error when you attempt to add your Box integration, you may have to add BetterCloud as an exception in your Box security settings
1. Copy BetterCloud's client ID. You can find it in the URL when you're viewing the "Disabled by Administrator" message.
2. Navigate to Box > Admin Console > Apps > Custom Apps
3. Click the "Settings" button
4. Paste the Client ID you copied in Step 1 as an exception and click "Save"
5. You should now be able to integrate Box with BetterCloud