The new Audit Logs section of BetterCloud allows you to view a full history of all actions taken inside your BetterCloud instance, and more granular details about them. When combined with Audit and Activity Logs in BetterCloud for G Suite, these records can help you monitor activity on your domain, get a full picture of actions being taken and stay informed of the responsible parties.
Explore Audit Logs
The Audit Logs section of the app can be accessed via the left side navigation bar. When you click on its listing, you'll be directed to the Audit Logs section in the center of the page.
Here you can see a history of all actions taken in BetterCloud. By clicking on each column header, this listview can be sorted by each column, with the following selections:
- "Time" - Date and timestamp of the action. Can be listed in ascending or descending order, or filtered for a specific date range.
- "Actor" - Name of the user or entity that took the action. Can be listed in ascending or descending alphabetical order, or filtered by name.
- "Type" - Type of action that took place. Can be listed in ascending or descending alphabetical order, or filtered by name.
- "Status" - Shows the status of the action. Can be listed in ascending or descending alphabetical order, or filtered by status type.
- "Event" - Shows the exact action taken. Can be listed in ascending or descending alphabetical order, or filtered by name.
In all of these selection menus, you can also add additional listview columns for "Item Changed", "Old Value", "New Value", "Job ID", or "Full Text". Here, you can also hide any default columns except for "Time" and "Actor", and restore any default columns that have been hidden.
Here's an example of what the "Actor" column dropdown will look like:
Export Audit Logs
Once audit logs have been sorted and filtered to your liking, or when you've located any logs that you wish to save, you can select and export them from this grid view. Please see Exporting Information from BetterCloud for detailed instructions on this process.
Important / Requirements
Data associated with other third party apps will only be available after the app has been connected to BetterCloud. For more information on connecting an app, please see here.