Through BetterCloud you can connect an array of different third party SaaS applications under one roof, including multiple instances of individual connectors. This allows you to have a full picture of your domain's integrations, data and accounts, and fosters integration and automation across the multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
This article will provide more information about enabling new and/or additional Connectors.
Connecting an App
BetterCloud supports multiple instances of our available Connectors. For example, if your organization utilizes multiple Slack teams or Zendesk accounts for different departments, they can all be connected to BetterCloud and managed through our tools. Therefore, don't be concerned if you have already connected an instance of a particular app; you can always add another, and will be able to differentiate them across BetterCloud by the names you give them.
However there are a few details to note, when connecting a new app:
- The types and number of permissions to accept, and the acceptance process on third party sites will vary from app to app: some connectors may require additional installation or verification steps outside of BetterCloud. When connecting Namely and Atlassian in particular, please see the Connectors section of the Help Center, where there are step-by-step walkthrough articles for each app requiring these additional steps.
- Please make sure that you hold the appropriate admin level in the app that you are attempting to connect.
To begin enabling Connectors in BetterCloud, navigate to the Connectors section of the app. For detailed instructions and a walkthrough for enabling each Connector, please see the Connectors section of the Help Center.
Disconnecting an App
To disconnect an app that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please contact Support.
Viewing and Managing Connectors
Once multiple instances of a connector have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing and Managing Connectors" article for more information about how connectors will appear, throughout BetterCloud.
Important / Requirements
- Connecting third party apps will require that you have the necessary admin credentials in those services to grant permissions.
- Please note that some connectors may require additional installation or verification steps outside of BetterCloud. When connecting Namely and Atlassian, please see the Connectors section of the Help Center, where there are step-by-step walkthrough articles for each app requiring these additional steps.
- If you experience difficulties connecting apps to your BetterCloud instance, please contact Support.