The Connectors section of BetterCloud allows you to pair other third party apps with your BetterCloud instance, supporting integration and automation across multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
When integrating a new connector with your BetterCloud instance, there are several general steps in BetterCloud that provide a consistent experience. However, each connector is different, occasionally requiring differing levels of access and approval, or reciprocal steps on the connector's end, before BetterCloud will be able to integrate the connector's data into our services.
We recommend using a service account when installing this connector. This will prevent an interruption in service in the case that an installing user loses the necessary permissions to authenticate in the future.
Connecting Atlassian to BetterCloud will require several additional steps on the part of the connecting admin. This article will guide you through a full set of instructions for the Atlassian Connector.
Enabling BetterCloud in Atlassian
1. Navigate to the BetterCloud Add-on in the Atlassian Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/bettercloud/cloud/overview) and click "Get it now", which will prompt you to log into Atlassian with your account credentials:
Alternately, if you are already logged into Atlassian, you may navigate to the left nav bar and select JIRA Settings then "Add-ons", and search for BetterCloud in the Atlassian Marketplace for JIRA
2. When you locate BetterCloud in your search results, click "Install". You'll be prompted with permissions that you'll need to Accept & Install:
3. You will see a pop-up box containing a short installation animation, followed by confirmation that your add-on has been successfully installed. When presented with this confirmation, you can click “Get started”:
4. You will now be taken to a page with a Security Key, which will be necessary for connecting Atlassian inside BetterCloud. Please immediately copy this Security Key and keep for your own records, as this page will expire after 15 minutes, and will not be obtainable again. Click the “RETURN TO BETTERCLOUD” link in green to continue the installation process in BetterCloud:
Connecting Atlassian in BetterCloud
1. Navigate to the Connectors page in BetterCloud, and select the+Add Connector button on the top right-side of the page:
2.Select the Atlassian Connector “Add” button to begin your installation process:
3. Explore the Use Cases and Admin Permissions for the Atlassian Connector:
4. Next, review the permissions that are required in BetterCloud when installing the Atlassian Connector:
5. Insert the given “Security Key” provided by Atlassian once the BetterCloud application is installed:
6. Give your Atlassian Connector a unique custom name in this step of your installation process and click on the “Finish” button on the bottom right:
7. Congratulations! You reached the final step and finished connecting your Atlassian Connector.
Now that you’ve successfully added your Atlassian Connector to your BetterCloud instance, you get started right away with using the Alerts button to begin adding alerts to your domain, and set up Workflows for automation.
Clicking on the blue “Visit Alerts” button will redirect you to the Alerts Manager page. And selecting the “Visit Workflows” blue button guides you straight to the Workflows creation to get started on your very first Workflow!
8. When access is verified, you will be directed back to the Connectors page, where your new Atlassian Connector will be visible:
To disconnect an Atlassian Connector that is no longer needed in your BetterCloud instance, please contact Support.
Viewing and Managing Connectors
Once instances of a Connector have been added to your BetterCloud instance, they will be appear in new ways throughout our app, and will be distinguished by name. Please see our "Viewing and Managing Connectors" article for more information about how connectors will appear throughout BetterCloud.