The Connectors section of BetterCloud allows you to pair other third party apps with your BetterCloud instance, supporting integration and automation across multiple platforms used by your organization in a single interface.
When integrating a new connector with your BetterCloud instance, there are several general steps in BetterCloud that provide a consistent experience. However, each connector is different, occasionally requiring differing levels of access and approval, or reciprocal steps on the connector's end, before BetterCloud will be able to integrate the connector's data into our services.
Connecting Atlassian to BetterCloud will require several additional steps on the part of the connecting admin. This article will guide you through a full set of instructions for the Atlassian Connector.
Enabling BetterCloud in Atlassian
1. Navigate to the BetterCloud Add-on in the Atlassian Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/bettercloud/cloud/overview) and click "Get it now", which will prompt you to log into Atlassian with your account credentials:
Alternately, if you are already logged into Atlassian, you may navigate to the gear icon in the top bar, select "Add-ons", and search for BetterCloud in the Atlassian Marketplace for JIRA:
2. When you locate BetterCloud in your search results, click "Install". You'll be prompted with permissions that you'll need to Accept & Install:
3. You will see a pop-up box containing a short installation animation, followed by confirmation that your add-on has been successfully installed. When presented with this confirmation, you can close the pop-up box:
4. Please note: You must refresh the page for this next step. After refreshing the page, a "BetterCloud JIRA Button" navigation item will appear at the top of screen. Click this button:
9. You will now be taken to a page with a Security Key, which will be necessary for connecting Atlassian inside BetterCloud. Please immediately copy this Security Key, as this page will expire after 15 minutes, and will not be obtainable again:
Connecting Atlassian in BetterCloud
1. With your Security Key from Atlassian copied, open a new browser tab or window, and navigate to the Connectors page in BetterCloud:
2. Hover over the Atlassian Connector card, and select "Try Connector":
3. Paste your Security Key into the "Security Key" field, and click "Submit":
4. When prompted, click "Verify Access":
Atlassian should now be connected!
For any questions or concerns about the steps in this process, please contact BetterCloud Support.